Sunday, May 1, 2011

justice.

There are so many things in the world that just aren't fair. Injustice is everywhere. This world is full of it...What would it look like to stand up for those who dont have a voice? To strive to make a difference for those who cant make it for themselves..those in prisons, the hungry, refugees, war victims, slaves, human trafficking...

Its something that my eyes have just been opened too..Looking outside of my self and realising that there are people in the world that literally have NOTHING. Seeing that their are innocent people all over the world caught up in war zones, human trafficking, refugees, starving children..and to be honest it is overwhelming..To be brutally honest at the thought of it all and the feeling of helplessnes I get this urge to pretend I had never realised at all, because then I could carry on my normal life just worrying about myself and all the little mindless bothers that happen. But that is not what is helpful..that is not what God wants. And i think he is stirring my heart to GET UP, take action and make a difference, no matter how big or small.
Why should I care about injustice? Because each of these people are humans. Each of these people are loved by God and if I am to say that I am a follower of Jesus then I have to act like one. But what am I to do? This is where I stop. Because to be honest I have no idea. But I have to stand up and do something. We need to be aware of all that is going on in the world because we are called to stand up for those who dont have a voice, set the captives free..and what does that look like? I dont know. But I am so willing to find out. Start small? send a few petitions? learn about issues?

People treating other people so badly must make God so angry, so mad. His heart must be so broken when he sees his children being mistreated. And for me to sit down and do nothing would be an offense. If I were to start using my time wisely, if we were to cutout all those distractions that get us nowhere, how much of a difference could we make? Imagine a world where people actually cared, stood up for those who needed it and wouldn't stop shouting about it until something was done?! We have the means, we have a voice. Im just trying to figure out how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment